Heres a vegetarian burger when the lot - a nutty, golden chickpea patty topped in imitation of a creamy tahini and yoghurt dressing.
The ingredient of Chickpea burgers
- 2 large (about 500g) potatoes (like Desiree)
- 500g (3 cups) cooked chickpeas or canned chickpeas, drained
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 10-12 green shallots, finely sliced
- 1 /2 cup blithe mint leaves
- 60mls (1/4 cup) well-ventilated light lemon juice
- 40g (3/4 cup) wholemeal breadcrumbs
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 140g (1/2 cup) natural low-fat yoghurt
- 6 hamburger buns, to service
- Lettuce leaves of your choice, to promote
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes, sliced, to utility
The instruction how to make Chickpea burgers
- Place unpeeled, combine potatoes in a saucepan and increase be credited with passable water to cover. Bring to the boil and cook for 25-30 minutes or until tender. Drain and stand until cool enough to handle. Peel and later mash gone a potato masher or fork.
- Place chickpeas in the bowl of a food processor and process until scratchily chopped. Transfer to a large bowl. ensue the mashed potato, egg, green shallots, mint, 2 tablespoons of the lemon juice, breadcrumbs and pepper to taste and mixture combination later your hands until combined. have an effect on evenly into 6 patties.
- Heat the olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan exceeding medium heat. increase be credited with the patties and cook for 10 minutes each side or until golden and fuming through.
- Meanwhile, preheat grill on the subject of with reference to high. append tahini, yoghurt and unshakable lemon juice. Split and toast the buns numb preheated grill. pinnacle the bun bases past the lettuce, tomatoes and patties followed by a dollop of the tahini mixture. Cover subsequently the bun tops and support immediately.
Nutritions of Chickpea burgerscalories: 483.975 calories
calories: 15 grams fat
calories: 69 grams carbohydrates
calories: 12 grams sugar
calories: 23 grams protein